Integrating Perinatal Software
In addition to being the leading provider of decision-support and applied analytics software for hospital labor & delivery teams, PeriGen has significant experience and expertise with adaptively integrating PeriGen electronic fetal monitoring modules with hospital enterprise EHRs to reduce double data-entry and enhance patient medical information for a better continuum of care and information management compliance.
Bruno’s Top Ten Tips for EHR Integration
- It takes two to interface! HL7 messaging is still the most widely supported standard.
- Push your EHR vendor to customize interfacing to accomodate your perinatal workflow.
- Challenge your EHR vendor to accept inbound data other than vitals.
- Mapping discrete field lists will enhance accuracy.
- Parallel vitals acquisition (EHR and perinatal system) should be avoided.
- Consider inbound and outbound interfaces if supported by your EHR.
- Centralize authentication with Active Directory.
- Vendor-supported SSO solutions are ideal, but other technologies like smart cards can help close the gap.
- “Cold feed” episodic documents to your EHR.
- Reduce clinical risk and documentation time by interfacing current generation real-time analytic tools like PeriCALM Patterns and CheckList to your EHR.