Integration Webinar: Ten Tips
Look for Bruno Bendavid, PeriGen’s SVP of Product Management and long-time integration visionary, to discuss how to leverage these tips to gain true real-time integration between your enterprise EHR and your perinatal system.
- It takes two: Stand your ground when asking for EHR acceptance of key perinatal data points.
- Look to your EHR to offer customization opportunities that adapt to your OB workflow.
- Most EHRs can, with a little push, accept inbound data other than vitals.
- Mapping discrete fields list will enhance accuracy.
- Parallel vitals acquisition (from both the EHR and perinatal system) should be avoided.
- Consider using both inbound and outbound interfaces if your EHR makes them t all possible.
- Centralize authentication with Active Directory.
- Vendor-supported SSO solutions are ideal. Other technologies like smart cards can also help close the gap.
- “Cold-Feed” episodic docments to the EHR.
- Reduce clinical risk and documentation time by interfacing real-time analytic tools to the EHR (i.e., PeriCALM Patterns and PeriCALM CheckList).