Work Worth Doing
PeriGen employees have the satisfaction of knowing they make a difference. We work every day to ensure that moms and babies receive the safest care possible, and we do that by designing perinatal systems that address the root causes of preventable medical errors: errors of cognition and communication. Scientific literature shows that 40%-50% of birth traumas that occur in the United States each year are potentially avoidable. By reducing the incidence of complications, PeriGen systems support clinicians in delivering safer, better care.
- Clinical Implementation Specialist
SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The objective of this position is to be the clinical implementation specialist as part of a project team in the assessment, design, testing and implementation of PeriGen’s electronic fetal monitoring (EFM) system.
General Duties & Responsibilities:
- Recognized as clinical subject matter expert for EFM software with in-depth application and clinical workflow knowledge
- Leads the clinical assessment, workflow configuration, user testing and training
- Acts as consensus-builder for multidisciplinary groups including nurses, physicians and clinical application specialists, clearly communicating and translating information and concepts across the groups to drive to decisions.
- Creates user requirements and workflow documents
- Maintains client relationships with clinical users to promote and assure clinical user satisfaction
- Demonstrates extensive knowledge and understanding of OB clinical practices, regulations, and workflow
- Maintains knowledge base of best practice standards for EFM and decision support tools
- Develops, plans, delivers and manages client training programs
- Provides support to sales, marketing and product development activities
- Travels to Customer site during implementation, training and sales support activities
Required Education & Experience:
- BS in Nursing required/Master’s in Healthcare Informatics or Business is a plus
- Minimum of 5 years of Obstetrical experience
- Minimum of 2 years healthcare experience working with clinical applications on a routine basis.
- Deep knowledge and troubleshooting expertise of software applications and interfaces
- Prior clinical implementation experience with EFM
- Proficient in MS Office 365
- Prior experience as part of matrixed project and customer team
- Demonstrates critical thinking with ability to analyze clinical software and workflows; must be knowledgeable in understanding and troubleshooting software logic.
- Knowledge of redesigning clinical processes to improve efficiency and patient care in conjunction with the implementation of a clinical information system
- Possesses excellent written, verbal and presentation skills with ability to initiate insightful and interactive dialogue to obtain feedback for product and service improvement opportunities
- Advocates and participates in cross-functional teams across the company to define customer solutions and enjoys “rolling up the sleeves” and providing hands-on contributions
- Capable of independent decision-making to meet the needs of the position, yet willing and able to collaborate with other team members to manage projects to defined standards and timelines
- Ability to anticipate problems, identify potential solutions, communicate the options and implement the recommended solution
- Strong customer service orientation, interacting with both internal and external customers
- Proven organizational and time management skills
- Home-based position
- Ability to travel (up to 60%)
- Must be able to rent a car and fly.
- Commensurate with experience
- Competitive benefits package
For more information on PeriGen, please visit www.perigen.com