Best Practices in Labor & Delivery
Use these resources to learn how organizations use best practices and benchmarking to improve performance.
- What is a best practice?
- How are best practices defined in health care?
- Patient safety & quality: A handbook for nurses
- Using the Journal Club to Teach & Assess Competence in Practice-Based Learning & Improvement
The following resources are helpful for those looking to incorporate unit and care management strategies others are using to improve key obstetric benchmarks.
- Journal of Midwifery & Women’s Care Journal: Best practices for second stage labor care (bearing down/positioning)
- Best Practices for Formal Mentoring Programs
- Idealized model of perinatal care (Institute for Healthcare Improvement)