We’re so proud that the following Kansas clients are being recognized for their wonderful evidence-based work practices!
High Five for Mom & Baby is a Kansas state-wide program that encourages five evidence-based care practices:
- Assure immediate and sustained skin-to-skin contact between mother and baby after birth.
- Give newborn infants no food or drink other than breast milk unless medically indicated.
- Practice “rooming in” to allow mothers and infants to remain together 24 hours a day.
- Give no pacifiers or artificial nipples to breastfeeding infants.
- Provide mothers options for breastfeeding support in the community upon discharge.