Work Worth Doing
PeriGen employees have the satisfaction of knowing they make a difference. We work every day to ensure that moms and babies receive the safest care possible, and we do that by designing perinatal systems that address the root causes of preventable medical errors: errors of cognition and communication. Scientific literature shows that 40%-50% of birth traumas that occur in the United States each year are potentially avoidable. By reducing the incidence of complications, PeriGen systems support clinicians in delivering safer, better care.
The IT Project Manager is responsible to manage implementations and upgrades of PeriGen’s hospital software in the U.S. and Canada.
- Develop and manage a detailed project plan in accordance with contracted scope.
- Ensure that assigned projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path activities.
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate change control procedures.
- Plan, conduct and document weekly project team status calls.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Proactively identify, resolve and escalate, when necessary, any issues and conflicts on the project.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects.
- Measure project resource and financial performance using appropriate tools and techniques.
- Successfully manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders.
Position Qualifications and Requirements:
- Associate’s degree in business administration, healthcare or a related technical field. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Three years’ proven project management experience, with experience in software implementation, including interfaces (preferably in healthcare/hospital IT or medical device industry).
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus.
- Strong PC skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Suite including MS Project and other PM related software tools.
Will work from home office and at client sites. Travel is expected approximately 50% of the time.
Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The objective is to be the hands-on working manager of our technical implementation team, who are subject matter experts in the assessment, planning, design and implementation of PeriGen’s HIT software systems and services in a hospital.
General Duties & Responsibilities:
- Recognized as technical subject matter expert for PeriGen’s fetal monitoring and EMR software with in-depth technical knowledge of server, workstation, database, network and interface requirements
- Manages the team and/or leads the technical site assessments, design, configuration, system testing, implementation and upgrade of PeriGen’s hospital products and services for clients
- Installs and configures PeriGen’s applications on hospital servers and workstations
- Configures and installs HL7-based interfaces
- Assists in finding technical and workflow solutions
- Establishes customer relationships with technical users to promote and assure technical user satisfaction
- Trains employees and customer representatives on the structure and maintenance of PeriGen’s systems
- Provides customer support of PeriGen’s application in client/server environment
- Engages in incident troubleshooting, resolution and root cause analysis
- 3-5 years of prior experience managing a team
- Minimum 5 years with Microsoft Network environment delivering software and systems support to, or working within, hospitals
- Network monitoring and using network analysis tools for Windows 2008/2012 environment including AD
- Proficient in Rhapsody integration agent and HL7 interfacing protocol
- SQL query language, SQL server 2008/2014
- Experience with virtualized environments
- Experience with clusters and Citrix
- Experience with EMRs, fetal monitoring systems or similar hospital-based systems
- Knowledge of FDA-regulated systems and associated quality system requirements is a plus
- MS Office Suite: Word, Visio, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project
- Ability to travel (up to 50%) and rent a car.
- Requires BS/BA in computer science or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Systems engineer with healthcare experience is a plus
- Advanced technical certifications desirable
- Commensurate with experience
- Competitive benefits package
- Demonstrates critical thinking with ability to assist technical team members in analyzing, troubleshooting and supporting complex clinical software systems including server and workstation installation, network and system verification in a Microsoft environment, and interface adjustment and integration issues
- Possesses excellent written, verbal and presentation skills with ability to initiate insightful and interactive dialogue to obtain in-depth client feedback for product and service improvement opportunities
- Advocates and participates in cross-functional teams across the company to define client solutions and enjoys “rolling up the sleeves” and providing hands-on contributions
- Capable of independent decision-making to meet the needs of the position, yet willing and able to motivate and collaborate with other team members to manage projects to defined standards and performance metrics
- Self-starter – assumes responsibility for completing projects, programs and technical implementations while keeping senior management aware of issues, challenges and changes to workflow and project timelines, as appropriate
- Ability to anticipate problems, identify potential solutions, communicate the options and implement the recommended solution
- Strong customer service orientation, interacting with both internal and external customers
- Proven organizational and time management skills
Please submit resume to HR@perigen.com.
Nothing available at this time. Please check back later for additional openings!